Hours of work: Full-time 40 hours +
Salary: Negotiable depending upon experience
Contract: Permanent, Full-Time
An extremely rare opportunity has arisen for a dedicated, experienced and passionate Deputy Manager to join the friendly, welcoming team at Smart Kids.
You must be extremely experienced as a childcare practitioner, with many years in the profession, and have at least some managerial experience.
Smart Kids is an “Outstanding in all areas” (Ofsted, 2018) nursery, and has been awarded ‘Outstanding’ on multiple inspections.
The nursery is a provider of high-quality childcare and education for young children within a fun, stimulating and safe environment; working in close partnership with parents as well as providing a differentiated framework for learning to meet children’s individual needs.
This is a full-time permanent position starting as soon as possible.
The main duties are:
- To lead the nursery team within the rooms
- Lead practice within the Baby, Toddler & Pre-School Room in line with the EYFS
- Support and mentor other practitioners
- Model the skills and behaviours that safeguard and support children
- To take on the role of a Key Person
- To ensure high staff morale within the team is maintained
- To build positive partnerships with parents
- To maintain a high standard of care and service throughout the nursery through a self-evaluation of the setting
- Ideally, have an Early Years Professional Status or BA qualification in Early Years and Education
- Enjoy working in a challenging role
- Have effective leadership skills in a nursery setting
- Inspire and motivate colleagues to improve their practice
- Plan and provide activities which enable children to develop and learn
- Be passionate about improving outcomes for all children
- Have up-to-date knowledge of Early Years Foundation Stage Curriculum and Framework
- Have excellent knowledge of Safeguarding
- Have a mature and professional attitude to work
- Have a commitment to good Early Years practice and inclusive education
- Have a clear knowledge of the development and emotional needs of children
- Have over 5 years’ experience working with young children
- Have experience with children aged 6 months to 5 years or 3 to 5 years
- Have experience being a Key Person
- Have good observational skills
- Have GCSE passes in English and Maths
- Be enthusiastic and creative
- Be available 7.30am-6pm, Monday to Friday
- Ideally living in or within reasonable travelling distance of Preston
- Attractive, higher than average, salary
- Continuous professional development
- Relevant Level 3 Childcare Qualification
- GCSE Grade A-C Maths and English
- A satisfactory enhanced DBS check which confirms suitability to work with children.
- Relevant safeguarding and paediatric first aid qualifications
- Level 6 or above Childcare qualification
- Relevant food hygiene and health & safety qualifications
The nursery will consider strong Degree-level applicants that have worked in a Room Leader capacity and who are keen to achieve the EYPS. Salary is negotiable dependent upon experience.
If you feel you fit the above criteria and are passionate about working in a challenging role, then email your CV with covering letter to: email@example.com
Are you minimum NVQ Level 3 qualified, with at least two years’ current work experience?
- Above average rates of pay
- Ofsted ‘Outstanding in all areas’
- Full-Time throughout the year
- Regular training provided & encouraged
- Fantastic, friendly team
Please apply with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Call: 01772 719719